Saturday, March 15, 2008

Parents, Pinochle, and Limburger

It was so awesome having my parents down for a little while. They came in Thursday night and yesterday, Sabrina and I had the day off as well so we all had fun frolicking in the rain haha. We were hoping to do some other stuff but the rain cancelled that out. So, we settled for some pinochle. I've loved playing this game since I was a teenager. When Sabrina joined in on the fun it gave the 4 of us something to do for endless hours if we wanted to. Usually when we play, it's me and my Dad against Sabrina and my Mom. And usually, the guys win. haha The only time we get to play is when they come to visit or if we go up to PA. Hardly anyone here in the South has heard of the game. But, I learned that the Impish one's fiancee has heard of it and has decks! Here's praying to pinochle partners! haha
Limburger cheese. Yes, I love it. My Dad has told many stories of when he was growing up and how much limburger the family would eat. I'm the only one of the 3 kids who will eat it. It's great with a strong onion, good rye or pumpernickel bread, spicy mustard and if you really want to get carried away, a beer. But, I really don't drink beer at all, or liquor for that matter. If I do, it's very very rare. So, me and Dad sat on the back deck and ate limburger and yakked away. It's always so much fun.
Sabrina and I are both at work today. So, we'll see what happens tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.