Thursday, March 10, 2005

Shma-March 5th and other music notes

Wow, it's been a while since I posted anything here. Well, let me say that March 5th was an incredible night of metal mayhem. 540+ people. Crowd control? HAH!! FORGET ABOUT IT! Thrown out the window! Or, in some cases, thrown off the stage. Reminded me of the night I saw Pantera back in Salisbury. Only, I didn't come home smelling like pot, cigarettes, smoke, sweat and booze. Just a bit sweaty. I felt bad that we had some PA problems. While on the stage for the Showdown, all I could hear was drums and vocals. BTA said they were having problems too, but I thought they sounded fine. All the bands were great. Now for some new news. It's looking like I'm in another band. Which is cool because I'm getting to do something I wanted to do with the Possum dude and he hooked up with a guy who posts on the board who knew of a good drummer now all we need is a bass player. And hey, we got a song done! I can't say that I have contributed a whole lot to the writing process yet, but in time, I will. I hope to still get a chance to play with Laura and Alan and the gang. Those guys will help me keep my chops up. I'm just happy to have this opportunity to jam with guys and be in an awesome community. I'm looking forward to getting to know the other bandmates a little better in time as well. I even think all of the wives of the band would all get along smashingly. That would be a plus!
No Disciple show for me this weekend. Laura wasn't feeling so hot and Sabrina has to work early Sunday morning and I also need to be up early to make sure she is up early. Plus, I get to play for the kids at church on Sunday as well. That also is a serious blessing. Let's see, anything else? Nah, I don't think so. I have Terror sitting here on my lap just a purring away. I think she likes having me home. She can be lazy on me. Go figure. Anywho, God Bless!

No comments: